Get started towards MMT certification
10 Steps to Mastery
Master Myoskeletal Therapist certification is one of the most regarded certifications that a massage therapist can receive. There are ten steps to becoming a Master Myoskeletal Therapist. Certification requires 210 hours of MAT training. Hours are earned through a combination of home-study courses and workshops.
Every course takes you one step closer to certification. There are no prerequisites for any individual course and courses can be taken in any order. However, for the best results we suggest you take the courses in the order listed below. All are eligible for CE credits for continuing education.
Complete the Foundational MAT Courses
1. Lower Body MAT Course (32 Hours)
2. Upper Body MAT Course with bonus ethics course (22 Hours)
3. Posture, Pain, Performance MAT Course (20 Hours)
4. Professional Ethics Course (6 Hours)
Complete the Master MAT Courses
5. Shoulder, Arm & Hand MAT Course (16 Hours)
6. Technique Tour MAT Course (16 Hours)
7. Treating Trapped Nerves MAT Course (16 Hours)
8. Motion is Lotion (16 Hours)
9. Art of MAT Course (16 Hours)
Attend MAT workshops
10. Attend 50 hours of live training workshops. For those of you who are in the U.S. or can travel we highly recommend a workshop with Erik. For information on other workshops check out our workshop page. For international therapists practicing outside of the USA, if you cannot travel to do 50 hours of MAT workshops, please contact Kim Miller to learn about your options.
Keeping your certification active is easily done by participating in 8 hours of MAT online or workshop training every two years.
Begin your new career path now by enrolling in one of our home-study programs. Master your craft, distinguish yourself above the rest, and earn more money!
Get 25% off the foundational course bundle
Dalton’s breakthrough Myoskeletal Alignment Techniques integrates decades of knowledge from visionary researchers and practitioners in a comprehensive system that allows you to find and correct the true source of your client’s pain.
If you are ready to take the steps towards Master Myoskeletal Therapist certification, we suggest you get the Foundational Bundle (80 CE hours).
The training provided in these four foundational MAT courses provides you with core Myoskeletal Alignment Techniques for head-to-toe treatment. Armed with your new skills, you’ll quickly become the go-to bodywork therapist in your community for pain management.
Take a small first step
If you’re not ready to jump in fully, start with Erik Dalton’s Posture, Pain, Performance home study program. This 20 CE course provides a thorough grounding in the principles of Myoskeletal Alignment Techniques and will get your started on your path towards Master Myoskeletal Certification.
Benefits of certification
There are many reasons to certify with us:
- Designation as a Master Myoskeletal Therapist, one of the most regarded certifications in the profession.
- A featured listing in our “find a therapist” directory.
- A personal profile on our website.
- Discounts on workshops and products.
- A fast-tracked to our “teachers-in-training” program (with approval from Director of Education)
- Gold sealed 11” x 14” Master Myoskeletal Therapist Diploma.