This course will teach you how to:
- Create a plan for each session using a thorough 5-minute intake evaluation
- Identify aberrant functional movements that cause protective muscle guarding
- Talk to your clients about their pain and make them feel heard and safe
- Upgrade your hands-on skills through a wide variety of deep tissue, joint stretching, and nerve mobilization techniques
- Work as a team with your clients through corrective exercise homework
- Earn 20 CE hours for State and National Licensure while providing hands-on tools you’ll use for years to come
Many clients seek therapeutic bodywork for unmanageable neck and low back pain caused by poor postural habits, loss of function and the inability to cope with their condition. As one of my mentors Vladimir Janda describes in his Upper & Lower-Crossed Syndrome model, poor posture can weaken important supporting muscles and tax others. As gravitational exposure degrades function, the client may notice that they no longer have the ability to rotate their head in all directions and that their low back hurts as they bend to pick up an object from the floor. Nerve impingement, strains and sprains alters normal muscle activation patterns and the brain “maps” the dysfunction as normal.
Earn Continuing Education for Bodywork
Completing this course earns you 20 CE hours and is recognized by the National Certification Board of Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork and most State Licensing Boards. Upon purchase, you’ll be sent the Myoskeletal Alignment DVDs and textbook to study at home. Take as much time as you need to study and practice before taking the test. Once you pass the test, you’ll receive a handsome diploma and certificate of completion to submit for license renewal, as well as to proudly display in your office. You’ll also be listed in our online directory of bodyworkers with MAT training.
Take that first step now and join thousands of therapists who have upgraded their skills and entered the lucrative world of pain management through Myoskeletal Alignment training.
What’s the difference between Home Study and eLearning?
The Home Study format contains hard goods that are shipped to you. This includes:
- 3 Posture, Pain, Performance DVDs
- Full color printed textbook
- Mail-in exam and deluxe certificate of completion
The eLearning format contains all the content of the Home Study version online. This includes:
- Online streaming videos
- Detailed instructions for all techniques
- A downloadable full color manual
- Online test and printable certificate of completion
- Lifetime access to all course materials
You save with eLearning. Because there is no hard product to produce or ship with the online format, we can pass the savings onto you.