This course will teach you how to:
- Create a plan for each session using a thorough 5-minute intake assessment process
- Understand dysfunctional patterns in muscle firing and hypertonicity
- Rid your clients of chronic low back and neck pain
- Learn a variety of deep tissue manipulation and joint stretching techniques
- Work beyond basic relaxation to provide effective treatment
- Earn 20 CE hours for State and National Licensure
Many clients seeking therapeutic bodywork suffer from low back and/or neck pain, most commonly caused by poor posture. As Vladimir Janda explains with his Upper & Lower-Crossed Syndrome patterns, over time, poor posture weakens important supporting muscles and taxes others. Improper alignment eventually leads to impinged nerves, dysfunctional muscle activation and chronic pain. Part of the Foundational MAT Certification Program, the Posture, Pain, Performance MAT course includes 3 DVDs and the Myoskeletal Alignment Techniques textbook. Dalton thoroughly explains the muscles involved in the Upper & Lower Crossed patterns while demonstrating MAT approaches addressing pain and correcting dysfunction.
Bodywork Techniques Covered
- Stretching and strengthening muscles
- Working with tendons & ligaments
- Joint capsule therapy
- Corrective rib alignment
Earn Continuing Education for Bodywork
Completing this course earns you 20 CE hours, recognized by the National Certification Board of Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork and most State Licensing Boards.
Upon purchase, you’ll be sent the Myoskeletal Alignment DVDs and textbook to study at home. Take however long you need to study and practice before taking the test. Once you pass the test, you’ll receive a certificate to submit to for your license renewal, as well as to proudly display in your office. You’ll also be listed in our online directory of bodyworkers with MAT training.
If you want to provide lasting results by quickly identifying and correcting common causes of chronic pain in your clients, this course is for you.