- Advance your skills in treating myoskeletal conditions of the upper body
- Release frozen shoulders and restore joint mobility
- Assist healing from Tennis Elbow, Golfer’s Elbow and Carpal Tunnel
- Help clients avoid surgery and long-term use of pain medications
- Earn 16 CE hours for State and National Licensure
The shoulder girdle is one of the more structurally complicated areas of the body, with several nerves running through the articulation of uniquely-shaped bones. The range of motion the body is capable of accomplishing from the shoulder is impressive. The range of injuries, nerve impingements, and chronic muscle spasms that can arise is daunting.
Using technique demonstrations, full-color illustrations, and academic explanation, the Shoulder, Arm & Hand Master MAT Certification course covers everything you need to know to begin addressing pain in the shoulder, as well as related issues in the arms and hands. You’ll learn to address myoskeletal strain and compensation patterns with an integration of sports therapy, structural integration and pain management techniques.
The Shoulder, Arm & Hand Master MAT course is part of the Master MAT Certification requirements. With the knowledge of this course, you’ll help rid your clients of painful conditions that often lead to invasive treatments.
Expand your Practice with Myoskeletal Alignment
- Incorporate 65 Sports Massage techniques into your table treatments
- Utilize Structural Integration maneuvers for increased coherence in muscle function
- Release chronic muscle spasms with specific pain management approaches
- Utilize basic assessments to create a treatment plan
Earn Continuing Education for Bodywork Online or At Home
When you complete the test for this course, you will earn 16 CE hours for your bodywork licensure, recognized by the National Certification Board of Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork and most State Licensing Boards. You’ll also be listed on our website for earning the Shoulder, Arm and Hand Specialist Certification.
If you choose the home study option, you’ll be sent the Shoulder, Arm & Hand Techniques DVD set and printed manual by mail. Study and practice until you’re ready to take the test. Keep these educational resources in your bodywork library for life.
If you choose the online e-Learning course, you’ll immediately receive access to all course material on our online learning platform. Study at your own pace for up to one full year before you take the online test.
Once you pass the test, you’ll receive a certificate to submit for your license renewal, as well as to proudly display in your office.
All massage therapists who complete this course will be listed in our online directory of bodyworkers with MAT training.
Broaden your scope of practice to include advanced treatments for problems in the upper appendages with this detailed course.
Common Questions and Special Cases
- The e-Learning course DOES NOT include the Dalton Shoulder, Arm & Hand Home Study DVD set. However, if you’d like to add the DVD’s to your home collection, we can give you a discount. Please e-mail us or call Kim Miller at 800-709-5054 to order.
- If you already own the DVDs for this course, email us or call Kim Miller at 800-709-5054 to receive a 50% discount on the curriculum.
- Printed tests for the e-Learning option are also available by request.
- Visit our e-Learning FAQ page for answers to more common questions about the e-Learning course.