Working through the adductors to influence the pelvic floor:
- With client left sidelying, therapist passively flexes client’s top leg keeping bottom leg extended
- Therapist’s forearm gently sinks into adductors above knee and slowly proceeds headward using graded exposure stretching
- Therapist’s forearm stops on third pass up the leg and applies direct sustained pressure on adductor attachments at the pubis ramus
- Client is asked to dorsi and plantar-flex her ankle or perform slow pelvic tilts while therapist’s forearm pins the tissue at the pubic ramus
- Reposition forearm if sharp pudendal nerve pain is felt
- Retest for improved pelvic floor function
On sale this week only!
Save 25% off the Upper Body course!
Learn unique approaches for working with the shoulder girdle, arms, neck and torso. This course provides you with the skill you need to confidently relieve pain issues in the upper body. Save 25% this week only. Offer expires July 13th. Click the button below for more information and to purchase the course for CE hours and a certificate of completion to display in your office.