Working through the adductors to influence the pelvic floor:
- With client left sidelying, therapist passively flexes client’s top leg keeping bottom leg extended
- Therapist’s forearm gently sinks into adductors above knee and slowly proceeds headward using graded exposure stretching
- Therapist’s forearm stops on third pass up the leg and applies direct sustained pressure on adductor attachments at the pubis ramus
- Client is asked to dorsi and plantar-flex her ankle or perform slow pelvic tilts while therapist’s forearm pins the tissue at the pubic ramus
- Reposition forearm if sharp pudendal nerve pain is felt
- Retest for improved pelvic floor function
On sale! One week only!
SAVE $100 OFF ANY ECOURSE!
Perfect for sports, massage and corrective exercise therapists, Myoskeletal Alignment Techniques are designed to elevate your clients to a new level of health, and empower your journey into the lucrative world of pain management.
Take $100 off any course on the site! The eCourses contain all the great videos and information available in the Home Study versions. And there’s no shipping cost with eLearning, so you save even more! Purchase now and you'll get lifetime access to the courses. (Offer expires April 13th. No coupon code required.)