With specific focus on approaches to work with the shoulder girdle, arms, neck and torso, this eCourse will prepare you to relieve painful myoskeletal issues in the upper body. Through video demos and animation, you’ll learn to identify several compensatory movement patterns and their associated reflexogenic pain. With this understanding of where the true source of problems arise, you’ll be able to develop highly effective treatment protocols and deliver lasting results.
The manual therapy techniques taught in this eCourse showcase Dalton’s “Dirty Dozen,” twelve key MAT routines to correct postural Upper Crossed Syndrome. Also featured are various receptor techniques and other approaches that can be utilized to address whiplash, migraines, scoliosis, and dural drag.
This course will teach you how to:
- Determine the source of upper body pain with a short intake assessment
- Identify areas of sensory motor amnesia
- Relieve migraine, neck pain and protective muscle spasm
- Address arm pain and numbness due to thoracic outlet syndrome
- Learn to quickly identify upper body compensatory patterns such as dowager’s hump, scoliosis and breathing disorders
- Utilize a variety of hands-on modalities including muscle reflex techniques, joint stretching, and pain exposure therapy
- Talk to your clients about their pain, make them feel safe and let them feel heard
- Treat strain patterns before they become pain patterns…. the MAT way
Included in the eCourse are dozens of videos packed with technique demonstrations, educational graphics, as well as the fully illustrated Advanced Myoskeletal Techniques downloadable manual. Rich in detail and explanation, these resources teach how to work with the anatomical structures of muscles, connective tissue and joints. Also included is an NCBTMB-approved two CE ethics course and a free listing on our highly-searched website.
The Upper Body MAT course is part of the Foundational MAT Certification requirements. Upon completion, you’ll be able to identify and correct common upper body pain complaints.
Earn Continuing Education for Bodywork
Completing this course earns you 20 CE hours and is recognized by the National Certification Board of Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork and most State Licensing Boards.
Upon purchase, you’ll get instant access to the entire course online, along with a downloadable reference manual to keep in your treatment room. After completion of the course, you’ll receive a handsome diploma and certificate of completion to submit for license renewal, as well as to proudly display in your office. You’ll also be listed in our online directory of bodyworkers with MAT training.
Take that first step now and join thousands of therapists who have upgraded their skills and entered the lucrative world of pain management through Myoskeletal Alignment training.
Note: This is an online course. All components (videos, course contents, downloadable manual) are available immediately after purchase in our eLearning platform. No physical products are included.