Explore these conditions as we do real treatment on real people
What makes this course stand out above the rest? Rather than being theoretical or conceptual, this course takes you through assessment and treatment protocol on real clients. Erik Dalton and master trainer Paul Kelly will delve deep into using the MAT approach for clients with these conditions:
- Case Study 1: Postural Asymmetry
- Case Study 2: Dowager’s Hump
- Case Study 3: Structural Scoliosis
- Case Study 4: Frozen shoulder
- Case Study 5: Ankles & Knees
- Case Study 6: Upper Cross Syndrome
- Case Study 7: Pelvic Biomechanics
- Case Study 8: Rib Dysfunction
- Case Study 9: Home Corrective Exercises
- Case Study 10: Thoracic Outlet Syndrome
After taking this course you will have mastered these Myoskeletal Alignment Techniques (MAT):
- Isolate the source of pain and restore mobility
- Release reflexive muscle spasms that affect neuromuscular function and cause inflammation
- Restore pain-free, full-range movement to the spine, arms and legs
- Address complex neck, thoracic outlet, dowager’s hump, low back, frozen shoulder and sciatic nerve issues
Over time, it is common for tension, trauma and poor posture to cause the brain to stiffen the body’s musculofascial system resulting in limited mobility, protective muscle guarding, and loss of coordinated movement. In this very popular course, Erik Dalton teams up with senior MAT instructor Paul Kelly to show actual case studies including assessments, treatments, and corrective home retraining exercises. The combination of bodywork and intentional musculofascial retraining can reverse many painful patterns in joints, connective tissues and impinged nerves, bringing relief and restoring optimal movement.
The content in this package teaches massage, sports and exercise therapists how to bring lubrication to adhesive tissues, restore motion to adhesive joint capsules, and promote healing in injured ligaments. Bodyworkers are able to elevate the value of their services by teaching clients specific at-home exercises to further enhance the efficacy of each bodywork session.
Develop These Skills for Treating Impairments
- Perform accurate assessments of joint positioning and mobility
- Encourage joint stretching with maneuvers such as traction and gliding
- Combine soft tissue massage with graded exposure stretching and muscle energy techniques
- Educate clients on corrective home exercises they can use to assist your work
- Utilize over 65 musculofascial mobilization assessments and corrective exercises
Earn Continuing Education for Bodywork
When you complete the test for this course, you will earn 16 CE hours for your bodywork licensure, recognized by the National Certification Board of Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork and most State Licensing Boards.
Upon purchase, you’ll get immediate access to this online video-based course. Study and practice at your own pace before taking the test.
Once you pass the test, you’ll receive a certificate to submit for your license renewal, as well as to proudly display in your office. You’ll also earn “Motion is Lotion” Specialist certification and be listed in our online directory of bodyworkers with MAT training.
If you would like to help clients restore lotion to motion-restricted and protectively guarded joint capsules, nerve entrapments, and injured ligaments… you and your clients will love this work!
Note: This is an online course. All components (videos, course contents, downloadable manual) are available immediately after purchase in our eLearning platform. No physical products are included.