Kingston, ON. Canada
Rescheduled until Fall 2021
Kingston, ON. CANADA, rescheduled until Fall 2021
Myoskeletal Alignment Techniques for Upper and Lower Body
Discover new approaches to treating neck cricks, thoracic outlet, sciatica, low back pain, and sport injuries, based on the foundational work of Erik Dalton’s Myoskeletal Alignment Techniques (MAT).
Our goal is to enhance your skills, improve your results, and build your practice to a level of excellence that goes beyond the standard expectation of what can be achieved through traditional bodywork training. Be prepared for outstanding results, even with long standing chronic conditions!
Thomasina Larkin’s background as a yoga and fitness instructor, personal trainer, and journalist gives her the ability to explain difficult things in a simple way. This Master Myoskeletal Therapist (MMT) has a keen eye for body mechanics and nurtures longevity in therapists’ careers. Her goal is to conduct fun and lively workshops where therapists become more confident in helping clients heal from complicated pain conditions.
WORKSHOP LOCATION & ACCOMMODATIONS
The workshop will be held at:
The Ambassador Hotel & Convention Centre
1550 Princess St
Kingston, ON K7M 9E3
Hotel Room Reservations:
Phone: 800-267-7880 or 613-548-3605
- Please bring a massage table and sheets.
- Classes run from 8am to 5pm each day.
COVID-19 WORKSHOP PROTOCOLS
We at the Freedom From Pain Institute care for the health and safety of our staff, teachers, assistants and students. Where there are live workshops scheduled we have plans in place to abide by the CDC guidelines.
If you have questions or concerns, please contact our Director of Education, Kim Miller.
Here are plans we currently have in place for our workshops:
- Temperature checks will be given upon entry into the workshop room.
- We will have tables at least 6ft apart from each other.
- We will stay with the same partners throughout the duration of the workshop.
- Hand sanitizer and wipes will be provided. Feel free to bring your own as well.
- Masks will be provided and worn throughout the class.
- During breaks be mindful of the people around you.
- When switching be sure to wipe down the table.
PLEASE STAY AT HOME IF YOU EXPERIENCE ANY OF THE FOLLOWING:
- A fever 24-hrs prior to the event or a temperature of over 100 degrees.
- Flu symptoms, shortness of breath, or sore throat prior to the event.
- If you have been in contact with someone who has COVID in the past 14 days prior to the event.
If you’d like more information on COVID-19 and how to minimize transmission in your massage practice, get the FREE digital textbook: Preventing Disease Transmission in a Massage Practice.
History and innovation thrive in this dynamic city located along the beautiful shores of Lake Ontario, an easy drive from Toronto, Ottawa and Montreal, in the heart of eastern Ontario. A healthy and bustling downtown core offering a variety of independent shops and superb restaurants. Beautiful parks, trails and strolls steeped in history free for everyone’s active enjoyment.
SEMINAR CANCELLATION POLICY
In the event you need to cancel, we will give you a transfer credit for the amount paid. This credit can be applied to any future Myoskeletal workshop with the same educator for up to one year following the original workshop date.