Working through the adductors to influence the pelvic floor:
- With client left sidelying, therapist passively flexes client’s top leg keeping bottom leg extended
- Therapist’s forearm gently sinks into adductors above knee and slowly proceeds headward using graded exposure stretching
- Therapist’s forearm stops on third pass up the leg and applies direct sustained pressure on adductor attachments at the pubis ramus
- Client is asked to dorsi and plantar-flex her ankle or perform slow pelvic tilts while therapist’s forearm pins the tissue at the pubic ramus
- Reposition forearm if sharp pudendal nerve pain is felt
- Retest for improved pelvic floor function
Join Erik Dalton for the 21st Annual "Pain Relief in Paradise" workshop!
Celebrate education and nature with Erik Dalton’s 21st annual “Pain Relief in Paradise” retreat at Costa Rica’s stunning Pura Vida Resort. This affordable 30-CE Myoskeletal Certification training offers top-notch education, lodging, healthy meals, and airport transportation. Enjoy zip-lining, white water rafting, music, dancing, yoga, beach excursions, and lots more. Connect with international therapists in an exotic breathtaking environment with leisure time to practice the techniques you learn from Erik and his assistants.