Working through the adductors to influence the pelvic floor:
- With client left sidelying, therapist passively flexes client’s top leg keeping bottom leg extended
- Therapist’s forearm gently sinks into adductors above knee and slowly proceeds headward using graded exposure stretching
- Therapist’s forearm stops on third pass up the leg and applies direct sustained pressure on adductor attachments at the pubis ramus
- Client is asked to dorsi and plantar-flex her ankle or perform slow pelvic tilts while therapist’s forearm pins the tissue at the pubic ramus
- Reposition forearm if sharp pudendal nerve pain is felt
- Retest for improved pelvic floor function
On sale this week only!
Save 30% off the Posture Pain Performance course - Home Study Version!
Discover the foundational principles behind MAT technique as we take you on an in-depth look at the connection between pain, posture and function. Save 30% off the Posture Pain Performance course - Home Study version this week only. Offer expires August 10th. Click the button below for more information and to purchase the course for CE hours and a certificate of completion to display in your office.