The MAT Goal:
- Isolate the source of pain and restore mobility
- Release reflexive muscle spasms that affect neuromuscular function and cause inflammation
- Restore pain-free, full-range movement to the spine, arms and legs
- Address complex neck, thoracic outlet, dowager’s hump, low back, and sciatic nerve issues
Over time, it is common for tension, trauma and poor posture to cause the brain to stiffen the body’s musculofascial system resulting in limited mobility, protective muscle guarding, and loss of coordinated movement. In this highly educational series, Erik Dalton teams up with senior MAT teacher Paul Kelly to present how to integrate manual myoskeletal techniques with corrective movement exercises. The combination of bodywork and intentional muscular retraining can reverse these painful patterns in connective tissue and muscles, bringing relief and restoring optimal movement.
The content in this package teaches massage therapists how to bring lubrication to adhesive tissues, restore motion to adhesive joint capsules, and promote healing in injured ligaments. Bodyworkers are able to elevate the value of their services by teaching clients specific at-home exercises to further enhance the efficacy of each bodywork session.
Develop These Skills for Treating Impairments
- Perform accurate assessments of joint positioning and mobility
- Encourage joint stretching with maneuvers such as traction and gliding
- Combine soft tissue massage with active stretching and muscle energy techniques
- Educate clients on corrective home exercises they can use to assist your work
- Utilize over 65 musculofascial mobilization assessments and corrective exercises
Earn Continuing Education for Bodywork
- When you complete the test for this course, you will earn 16 CE hours for your bodywork licensure, recognized by the National Certification Board of Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork and most State Licensing Boards.
- Upon purchase, you’ll be sent the “Motion is Lotion” DVDs, printed manual and supplemental reading to study at home.
- Study and practice at your own pace before taking the test.
- Once you pass the test, you’ll receive a certificate to submit for your license renewal, as well as to proudly display in your office. You’ll also earn “Motion is Lotion” Specialist certification and be listed in our online directory of bodyworkers with MAT training.
If you would like to help clients restore lotion to motion-restricted fascial layers, adhesive joint capsules, and injured ligaments… you and your clients will love this work!