- Determine the source of upper body pain with a short intake assessment
- Identify areas of sensory motor amnesia
- Relieve migraine, neck pain and protective muscle spasm
- Address arm pain and numbness due to thoracic outlet syndrome
- Learn to quickly identify upper body compensatory patterns such as dowager’s hump, scoliosis and breathing disorders
- Utilize a variety of hands-on modalities including muscle reflex techniques, joint stretching, and pain exposure therapy
- Talk to your clients about their pain, make them feel safe and let them feel heard
- Treat strain patterns before they become pain patterns…. the MAT way
Included in the course are two DVDs packed with technique demonstrations and educational graphics, as well as the fully illustrated Advanced Myoskeletal Techniques textbook. Rich in detail and explanation, these resources teach how to work with the anatomical structures of muscles, connective tissue and joints. Also included is an NCBTMB-approved two CE ethics course and a free listing on our highly-searched website.
The Upper Body MAT course is part of the Foundational MAT Certification requirements. Upon completion, you’ll be able to identify and correct common upper body pain complaints.
Earn Continuing Education for Bodywork
Completion of this course gains you 22 CE hours for your bodywork licensure, recognized by the National Certification Board of Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork and most State Licensing Boards.
Upon purchase, you’ll be sent the Advanced Myoskeletal Techniques DVDs and textbook to review at home. Take your time to study and practice before taking the test. Once you pass the test, you’ll receive a handsome diploma and certificate of completion to submit for licensure renewal and to proudly display in your office. You’ll also be listed in our online directory of bodyworkers with MAT training.
Take that first step now and join thousands of therapists who have upgraded their skills and entered the lucrative world of pain management through Myoskeletal Alignment education.