This course will teach you how to:
- Assess and treat pelvic floor and ligament damage. Realign pelvic bones
- Strengthen and release muscles involved in gait efficiency and core stability
- Learn assessments and treatments for standing, supine and side-lying positions
- Restore firing order, relieve dural drag, and fuel spinal engine efficiency
- Earn 32 CE hours for State and National Licensure
Packed with detailed information on anatomical function as well as technique demonstrations, the Lower Body MAT course prepares bodywork specialists to address the spectrum of pain conditions that present in the lower half of the body. From diagnosis to treatment, you’ll have an arsenal of tools to use for long-lasting, corrective relief for your clients.
Experts in the field of manual therapy have been developing understanding of the intricate lower body myoskeletal system for years. Erik Dalton’s Lower Body course organizes these theories and teaches Myoskeletal Alignment Techniques to address problems and enhance function. You’ll learn how to utilize the body’s anti-gravity spring system to lift fallen arches, decompress adhesive hip capsules and realign pelvic bones. Delve into understanding of human gait to learn how to restore muscle firing order and optimize spinal engine performance, including therapy for the knees and feet. Bring to your table dozens of techniques designed to release sacroiliac syndrome and correct pelvic girdle impairment.
This course includes 6 DVDs featuring Erik and other top MAT experts. They’ll walk you step-by-step through technique demonstrations and assessment protocols. You’ll also receive Dalton’s Dynamic Body textbook. Rich in detail and explanation, these resources teach anatomical relationships in the muscles, connective tissue and joints.
The Lower Body MAT course is a home study program, part of the Foundational MAT Program. It’s a perfect addition to the library for anyone working in sports medicine, massage therapy, structural integration, physical therapy or personal training.
Myoskeletal Alignment Techniques
for Lower Body
- Deep tissue, myofascial mobilization and joint stretching routines
- Locate compensatory kinks that initiate the pain-spasm-pain cycle
- Fix kinetic kinks in the fascia and bones of the kinetic chain
- Execute routines to lengthen and tone muscles in the pelvis, feet and legs
- Utilize spinal unwinding, articular springing and deep myofascial
Continuing Education for Bodywork Professionals
This course earns you 32 CE hours for your bodywork licensure, recognized by the National Certification Board of Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork and most State Licensing Boards.
Upon purchase, you’ll be sent the 9-piece Low Back, Hips & Legs package. When you’ve completed the course in your own time, take the test. Once you pass the test, you’ll receive a certificate to submit to for your license renewal, as well as to proudly display in your office. You’ll also be listed in our online directory of bodyworkers with MAT training.
If you’d like to treat pain associated with myofascial disturbances in the feet, legs, hips or back, the Lower Body MAT course will teach you how.
32 CE Hours included
in this course
Lower Body MAT Course
with Online Test and Printed Test
Lower Body Foundational MAT Course with online and printed tests.
Take the test from your computer whenever you want, or fill out the printed test and send it in.